Looking for a way to influence the health and healthcare of many?
If so, we’d love to hear from you! Our mission-driven organization is focused on the“Triple Aim” - Better Health, Better Healthcare and Lower Costs to individuals and their families who participate in our health plans.
UNITE HERE HEALTH serves 90,000+ workers in the hospitality and gaming industry nationwide. Our desire to be innovative and progressive drives us to develop impactful programs and benefits designed to engage our participants in managing their own health and healthcare. Our vision is exciting and challenging. Please read on to learn more about this great opportunity!
The Application Systems Analyst is responsible for maintaining current systems and backups, ensuring success of daily operational processes. This position works with business and IT teams to implement new systems and procedures, review current procedures for efficiency improvements, monitor current system trends to mitigate future risks, and perform database administration tasks. As the senior member of the IT Operations team, the Application Systems Analyst’s responsibilities also include triaging escalated tickets from junior analysts, and mentoring/training junior team members on new or changed processes. There may be other technically advanced tasks as assigned by IT management.
• Work with management and business teams to identify, develop, and implement operational processes to maximize user and IT efficiency.
• Use generally available scripting tools and workflow applications to automate IT Operations processes, including but not limited to ETL, EDI, maintenance/monitoring, file transfers, and application executions.
• Proactively identify system trends and risks to be able to advise management of mitigation options.
• Timely and accurate completion of project tasks as assigned by management.
• Maintain accuracy of IT Operations documentation.
• Perform database administration tasks as necessary under supervision of the IT Systems Supervisor.
• Be a part of the patch, upgrade, and deployment teams for various databases and applications.
• Manage backup/recovery processes, including regular review of backup status and resolving failures.
• Work with the helpdesk and end users on application implementation and support.
• Work with vendors as needed for both system implementation and technical support.
• Provide level II/III support of helpdesk tickets.
• Support and train junior members of the team, and work with the IT Systems Supervisor to delegate tasks.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience required.
• ITIL training or certification a plus.
• Experience consulting with business teams to develop optimal solutions for their technology needs.
• Continuous process improvement – Demonstrated experience using traditional scripting tools and other available technologies to improve existing processes.
• SDLC knowledge - Demonstrated experience operationalizing processes and applications from development to production.
• Familiar with MS SQL Server and/or Oracle databases, with the ability to write simple queries, and possess an understanding of functions, procedures, performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and recovery.
• Experience with ETL and Data Analytics tools desired.
• Familiar with enterprise-level backup solutions, with knowledge of best practices for recoverability in a virtual environment.
• Windows Server administration experience a plus.
• Experience integrating operations with cloud technology a plus.
• Strong analytical skills for root cause analysis, problem determination, system trend analysis.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
• Strong verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate technical details to non-technical staff.
• Excellent attention to details.
• Flexibility to work off-hours as necessary to meet project deadlines or resolve urgent issues.
• Adaptable to changes in technology, business, and project requirements.
• Initiative to identify and lead process improvement opportunities.
• Ability to remain calm in high pressure situations.
• Manage competing deadlines and multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.